Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Warmer Weather Finally Made It

Womp, womp I already know how silly my summer recap looks next to the posting date. So what if this post is slightly delayed. Alright, alright...so it's pretty late. But better late than never, right? Can I blame it on writer’s block?

What I really have to blame is the fact that there are so many amazing things to do in Tahoe! Annnnd in the summer it does actually get warm here, kind of. Mind you it is now cold, snowing, and snowboarding is in full swing. I realize I should have been posting all along, and for that I apologize.

I went from being in a winter wonderland to going to the beach each weekend. Or afternoon. There are just as many beaches in Tahoe as there are ski resorts, even ones you can hike to. To get to the beach at home you’d have to drive at least 5 hours. Nope, not here. Straight from snowboarding to sand. But if you know me well enough, you know it’s not the beach part that gets me: it’s the lake. I LOVE the lake. I like boats, I like swimming, I like jet skiing, I like tubing, I like water. Get serious - I grew up on/in water. Every day, every summer…water, water, water.

So needless to say I really enjoyed my first summer here and will probably just let these pictures do the rest. They need little or no introduction. And can I please remind you that the following pictures are indeed where I live. Yes, I repeat, I live here. I know-pretty schweet right?

June 6th, 2011: While everyone back in Georgia was going to the pool and applying that SPF I was still worrying whether I should put chains on or not. But don't be alarmed...I promise these pictures take a quick turn towards sunshine and sand.


Less than a month later we found ourselves spending every free moment at the beach. By the way-to all those fair skinned, like myself, you may want to try a little stronger in your SPF. 30 doesn't work at altitude. A couple of trips to the beach and raft down the Truckee River later I realized it wasn't a bad bottle of sunscreen.


One of our favorite spots is Hidden Beach. You have to park on the side of the road and take a little hike on down the boulders to Hidden. The nice thing about Lake Tahoe is that there's no need to bring a cooler. All you need to do is shove things down where the water meets the sand as if it were ice...and well, you get the picture. That water is a constant cold.


When Mom and Dad came to visit this summer we spent a day out at Burnt Cedar. You can't see but there's a pool and a snack bar back behind the beach. Does it get any better than having all that in one place?! Oh and you can get your serve on...there's volleyball and a park. Way to go Incline Village on keeping your beaches top notch.


I feel like I'm doing y'all a disservice by posting these all in one post. So be on the look out for random pictures of summertime and my adventures out on the lake. I've got more coming for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment