Thursday, February 2, 2012

Go Bravos!

They say victory is sweet, and they’re definitely right, especially if it’s on someone else’s turf. It’s not that I have anything against the Giants, in fact, I’ve actually come to appreciate the team and may or may not have followed them a wee bit this season. Buttt, I got the chance to go to a Braves game this year. I love Braves games! This time, though, was unlike any other game I’ve ever been to. I watched my Braves play (and WIN!) against the Giants in San Francisco. It was awesome! Troy, Jaymee and I hopped in the car early one Saturday morning and hit the road heading west. Of course, we had to make a pit stop at Starbucks before heading off to SF. I convinced these two that going to a game would be so much fun….as long as we could go for the Braves. I was definitely outnumbered in my navy and red, but it’s all good. But then, much to my disappointment, every person donning a Braves ball cap replied to my question with “No, not from Georgia. Just a fan.” L Oh well! We got to go to a great game (really it was a great game), see AT&T park and enjoy a good afternoon of baseball. I’m not quite sure why I find this so fascinating…but y’all…I went to a Braves game in California. I went to a game all the way across the country!
And here's my attempt at capturing the jumbo screen. Failboat.

My next baseball adventure we got to spend a little more time in the city. Esther, Mike, OG and I peaced out from Tahoe and headed off for the A’s vs. Yankees game. Yeah, yeah, yeah the Yankees won. Honestly I really could have cared less about who won that game, but it was pretty cool to see the Yankees play…never done that before. We were able to spend a little more time in San Francisco this time, rather than just a day trip. Helllllo civilization, shopping, places to eat open after 9, people, a little more humidity in the air. It was such a great time because Esther (oh, sweet Esther) got to witness her first American baseball game…ever! She’s from Spain and we were culturizing her, if you will. Womp, womp though-who would of thought that the beginning of June would be chillllly. Well, I suppose out here on the West Coast, it is. Just a little insight into my sporting event experiences that don't revolve around the Dawgs or Atlanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment